Apr 23, 2009

Paper Dragons

Information overload.

Papers and dockets and folders and paperclips and staples and envelopes and faxes and stamps and labels and papers and books and reviews and bills and copies and paper and files and computers and files and . . .

It makes me wonder how important it all really is. I would not take away one iota of human pathos from the tragedy of 9/11, but I do ponder what happened to all of the all-important notarized, certified, sealed, stamped and registered information that disappeared on that day.

I've tried to find some story, any story of someone somewhere whose life was discomfited in some significant way by the loss of an important original document in that awe-ful event.

Anyone?

And if not? What the hell are we doing, slaying paper dragons, day in and day out?

Oh right. To keep the IRS off our backs.

6 comments:

julie said...

Yeah, pretty much...

Jean said...

and it sucketh.




wv: dismstab (ow)

Froth said...

Jeez, read my mind, what's left of it.

It'w twue!

Hammer said...

I wondered that too.

In my last few jobs I spent 13years keeping perfect files, thousands of man hours..now they are all in a landfill somewhere, never once looked at.

PeggyU said...

I think that every time I want to sit down and just work on a project or play a game with my kids ... but there is school work or some other annoying obligation that takes priority. I would very much like to put life on "Pause" sometime and just chill.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Huh. I never really thought about it, until you brought it up.
Come to think of it, I can't recall even one news story about it.