May 23, 2009

I'd rather have a wounded bear in my living room. . .

. . .than have a sick man around the house.

Sweet Baby James but he's grumpy! Percocet, Valium, muscle relaxers are his friends now. He had C-4 through C-7 cervical vertebrae cracked open and hinged to make room for his poor zig-zagged spinal cord. He states that already the ache and numbness in his hand has subsided! Yeah!

BTW, How cool is it to have someone come into the pre-op area, introduce herself as the guardian of your spinal cord? Think about that. "Hi, I'm Elena, and I'm going to be watching out for your spinal cord during the 3-hour operation." Effin' A! Even on your best day you don't have someone who literally, "has your back" in that way. heh.

Thanks to each and every one of you who prayed and offered your best thoughts on his behalf. He seems to be recovering quickly, is home and in la-la land. It could be worse.

And raspberries to the jerk headed south on I-95 this morning at 6:00. Three lanes, no other cars in sight and you had to ride up on my bumper like we were some sorta figure-skating duo. Go back to New Jersey. You had no idea you were messing with a woman who slept on a hospital cot last night. How'd you like that little "coasting" trick I pulled on you? Punk-asshole.

17 comments:

julie said...

:D
I don't even want to think what life would be like if DH ever needs surgery.

I'm very glad to hear it all went well, though! And add an extra raspberry from me to the douchebag behind you on the freeway.

I hope you're all able to recover quickly!

Hammer said...

Glad it went well. A spinal watchdog is good to have.

Betsy said...

Continued prayers for healing and recovery for the JR. Commencing prayers for Joan's patience and sanity.

QP said...

WV sez Goodness "gration". See, the blessing fountain is flowing. Prayers for Thanksgiving too.

leeann said...

Last time H had a cold I thought I was going to have to put him to sleep. Take him out to the farm with the puppies. Give him a dirt nap.
You get the idea.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

I'm happy the surgery was a success for JR! Now you have his back...and everything else, Joan. :^)

Prayers for a quick healin'.
JR will be back to buccaneerin' n' stuff soon.

As for that punk...Skully charges very reasonable rates if you ever need his particular skills.

Skully said...

Hell, fer Joan, I'll take care of that scumbag fer free!

Suzette said...

Glad to hear everything went well.

Best wishes to JR for a speedy, silent recovery. I'm of the opinion that there's no such things as over-medicating - if its needed, take it. One for him, one for you, one for him, one for you ...

PeggyU said...

Glad to hear it went well :)

Sam said...

Give him my best...

pamibe said...

...and here you thought you were married to the Black Knight!? LOL! Some more meds ought to help that situation...

Good to hear that he's on the mend! :D

GUYK said...

Sounds GOOD! He will be up and around wanting to do some bedroom acrobatics before ya know it!

Velociman said...

Great news!

With a rapid recovery the JR can participate in the 33rd annual Office Max/Spinners Rubber Band Man dance competition in Myrtle Beach.

In 1983 I spontaneously began to break dance to a bluegrass band in a pub on St. Patrick's Day in Savannah. Alcohol was involved. And no matter what anyone tells you, cobblestones are infinitely less forgiving than pavement.

robinstarfish said...

May JR be back in black in no time. Thank God for drugs, Elena, and JoA, in reverse order.

Good way to eliminate drafters is to tie a skunk to the rear bumper.

dogette said...

Good news. Wishing a speedy recovery.

Tailgaters are idiots. One of the purest forms.

Mrs. Who said...

Awesome report! Here's to a quick and silent recovery.

Bou said...

I'm so glad he is well! Drugs are good...

Was it I-95N? Perhaps that jerkweed was going home. We should be so lucky...