Jun 30, 2009

Legal Tender Has a Hard Life

There is likely nothing so filthy as money. After 12 days of handling money and obsessive hand washing, I'll just say that my least favorite moment at my new job has to be when the hard-working girls who have just rolled out of their rack show up around 2:00 p.m. to buy the day's libations. I am handed a stack of one dollar bills that are. . . um, slightly, uh, damp. Just . . . eewww!

Worse than that? When a guy hands me a stack of clammy samolians . . .

9 comments:

Hammer said...

Just imagine how many ones that spent time in a stripper's buttcrack...

Joan of Argghh! said...

That's just not very helpful, Hammer!!

:o)

pamibe said...

Ewwww....! The gross factor just went up a few notches...!

samaBlog said...

Just get some latex gloves.

PeggyU said...

I agree ... gloves! And tongs! And a squirt bottle of Lysol with bleach!

Teresa said...

Agreed on the latex gloves - nearly all the people working checkout at the grocery store wear them now... Filthy lucre. ICK.

diamond dave said...

They ought to invent a little mini money laundry at each cashier station. All cash is inserted into it (like a change machine) by the customer, and the bills are washed and disinfected before cashier touches them. Because you really don't want to know why those bills she handed you were damp. As if your imagination can't figure it out on its own.

skippystalin said...

I never thought I'd say this, but can I smell your register?

Joan of Argghh! said...

Yes, Skippy dearest, I thought you'd never ask! Uh. . . right after the Chippendales have been through the line!