Sep 30, 2009

When Women Kick Ass. . .

(photo: BBC Media)

. . . ass stays permanently kicked.

Tell me, we gotta go to Kashmir to find 18 year-old heroines? Awesome:

A teenage girl says she killed a militant with his own gun after insurgents attacked their home in Indian-administered Kashmir.

"I thought I should try the bold act of encountering militants before dying."

She had an image in her mind from the movies, to do something bold, grab an AK-47 from the hands of the men who were beating her parents, and start emptying the damn gun until she couldn't hold it level anymore. Four hours later: Dead militia men. Living parents.

Oh, and did I mention her brother and the axe?

Seems some creep wanted to marry her and she said, "No."

If 13 year-old girls in Hollywood had some AK-47s, Polanski could be fertilizer by now.


9 comments:

julie said...

Awesome! She should start a career teaching self-defense to Kashmiri girls.

dick said...

That's what we like to call, "spunk".
I like her!

Mad William Flint said...

Yay for badass women!

pamibe said...

Couldn't love this story more!

C.S. Perry said...

I wish I knew where to meet them.

patti said...

my kinda woman, a model for us all

PeggyU said...

That just warmed my heart and put a smile on my face :)

DouginSalcha said...

Way to go Rukhsana!!!

Wish more young women had this kind of 'intestinal fortitude'...

The Maximum Leader said...

Rukhsana is now the Badass of the Week.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/kauser.html

Glad I read about her here first.