Oct 12, 2009

Just to Cap Off a Startling Year

With a year that began Sept. 30 of 2008 with major surgery, major upheaval, the death of my father, the loss of so many things, my dog moving away to live with my son; and it being a year that seems to be ending with new beginnings, new possibilities and a Major Move to a new state, how better to cap that off than by taking a weekend to unwind with all the hysterics at Eric's?

Booked, baby.

Just let me finish up my last stint of 12-hour days, pack, and move and unpack things that have been in storage for the last 9 months, settle in Charleston, hug and squeeze the Pepper Dog until she avoids me, and then off we go to Tennessee. It should be a great drive from Charleston, a stopover in Atlanta, and then good music, conversation and maybe some beer at Eric's. Just can't wait.

By the first of November I should start at the super-duper wine emporium in Chucktown.

Somewhere in all this, I hope to get some sleep.

So, tomorrow's my last 12-hour day at work for a few weeks, but I should soon be blogging within a few days from our new digs in Charleston-- across the street from a well-established crack-house in West Ashley. (I'd call the cops on them, but they keep a lovely yard.)

15 comments:

julie said...

Ah, well - at least they keep a lovely yard.

I'll raise a juice glass in a toast: may this year be full of as much and greater good than the last was full of woe.

To Charleston!

leeann said...

I'll see you there. :)

oceanguy said...

Great News... I'll need to stop and get some beer knowledge dispensed at me before we both leave home.

PeggyU said...

Enjoy a well-earned vacation, Joan! :)

Gecko said...

So thrilled that you will be reunited with Pepper Dog in Charleston and America's fabulous honeymoon couple! What a year you have had - I sure can relate. Knowing that you are relishing every moment of life and its ironic twists and turns and continue to laugh and write is an inspiration. God bless.

patti said...

Well I sure hope they have internet in Charleston! The last of our number to move took forever to check back in, you know who you are...

Safe Journey, happy new life to you.

Jean said...

Your spirit of onward and upward is so very inspirational. May the coming year be the best of everything.

Sam (EOTIS) said...

I look forward to seeing you again...you are bring some Pain, right? Also, bring your strings.

robinstarfish said...

Wind at your back, Joan. To the future.

HeatherLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ohhh, I am so sorry I won't be there to see you. Hubby will be there though. Have fun
Holder

Sal said...

A safe move and a happy and renewing trip- you deserve it.

jwm said...

Look out, Charleston.
;)
JWM

GUYK said...

HEY! OKAY! Next time I am Catfish Manor maybe we can have a mini blog meet, HUH?

Anonymous said...

... see you soon!...

Eric