Nov 25, 2009

10 Hours, 434 Customers Later. . .

. . . that's 43.4 customers per hour through my lane. It's a thirsty world out there and I'm a tired girl.

Out of those 434 customers, only a handful were rude, and roughly 25% of them were unprepared to actually pay for their purchase and spent time rummaging through ginormous purses and several cargo pockets to pull out money from all sorts of places. 10% wanted to shop from the conveyor belt (no, you may not leave that here and go look for something, there's 20 people behind you!) One man's zipper was down, two idiots didn't have any I.D. and some baby girls got all offended because they were WELL OVER 21 and did we have some sort of problem? Yeah, you're all of 24 and you look 16 and act 12. Now we refuse to serve you and we call the cops.

At least no women handed me damp money from out of their bra today.

How was your day?

6 comments:

diamond dave said...

Let's see... got my first paycheck from my new job today. Boss bought us all pizza for lunch. Told us we could go home early, but then told us we wouldn't get paid for the full eight hours if we did, so saw no point in leaving early. Found something to keep me occupied till 5 o'clock. Then had a nice relaxing 75 mile drive home.

All in all, not a bad day.

Froth said...

Please tell me it was only their bra that the damp money was taken out of. Please. Please.

leeann said...

It is only the hope of something blogworthy that forces me to go in to work tomorrow, and yes, the day after for the dreaded Black Friday.
I am one of only a handful of Caucasian employees and we are told daily (we tend to tell each other about it when it happens) that the proper term is African-American for the majority of our co-workers, always told BY one of those co-workers who happens to be such.
One braver-than-me woman asked the rather-posturing guy who told her to call him African American if this Friday should then be called African American Friday. I thought I was going to lose a kidney laughing.
Fun at work, oh yeah.

soubriquet said...

That was funny..., the african-american-friday thing...
Now I'm not an american, I'm british, and..... ohhhh Complicated, let's skip the explanation for the why...
I was visiting a business here which has a mixed palette of employee tints, and their company's CEO was visiting from the U.S..... He was referring to the african....errr err um.... because, having been brainwashed into describing any dark-skinned person as "african-american", all of a sudden he was lost for words when he realised that none of the people he was facing was american, and certainly also none was "african".
And nobody stepped in to help him out. The roar of laughter probably didn't help.

Damp? Gak!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Welcome, Sourbriquet! Loved your profile and I think perhaps may wish to secure your teleportation services in the future. Or the past.

Oh, bother. It's dinner time. Laters.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Oh, and it's even worse when guys hand you damp money. Or when a customer sneezes into their hands and then rummage around for their money and hand it to you. Or put their debit card in their mouth before handing it to you.

Cashiers put up with a bunch of idiocy. But not me. Not any more. I just quit 5 minutes ago!