"God is dead." -Nietzsche, 1882
"ManBearPig is dead." - Internet, 2009
How shall we then live?
I've always wondered how it felt to the average Aztec to see the sun rise on the day after their defeat by Cortez. All those sacrificial offerings to "make the sun rise" were proven to be a political ploy by their rulers; a way to manage their population and keep the proteins and fats in the diets of the feasting cannibal kings.
If AGW is a wash, and a mini Ice Age is upon us, how do you plan to
celebrate observe the triumph of facts over superstition? Let's make a list:
- Throw out the pig-tail light bulbs, first and foremost. Gah!
- Crank up the heat this winter.
- Drill, drill, drill! Sarah Palin is a friggin' genius!
- Buy an SUV just to stick it to the car-killers.
- Make a vegan cry.
- Have a hamburger. Increase the demand for bovine flatulence as a way to warm the cooling atmosphere.
- Tilt at windmills
- I hear nuclear energy is a tremedous source of heat and light. Let's experiment on Iran!