Dec 18, 2009

A Christmas Present: Two Stories For You

Two stories for Christmas. Not typical, oh no! Both are true stories, one told by a master storyteller, the other a story related to another by the one who lived it.

They are long stories for a blog entry so I will post them in portions. They originally appeared in a magazine that is sadly, out of print. I've had these stories safely kept within their shiny surrounding pages, and I read them every Christmas that I can actually find them. The recent move has unearthed these beauties once again.

I cannot give my readers much better. I certainly cannot write such stories. But I will say this: they move me more than most any lofty sermon or keen insight or weighty exposition. They are stories of life and, well, life again. They are miraculous.

And you need a miracle, don't you?

*****