Jan 24, 2010

Shooting Guns Relieves Stress

Shooting them at other people may help even more, but that's for another fantasy.

Suffice it to say that it was that pesky TMJ that was the apparent cause of the bump and the pain by my ear. I have had that pain before, but never with a large lumpy attendant. However, after the gun range and a good night's sleep, the joint slipped easily back into synch with a gentle snap during a yawn. Like magic, the bump, lump whatever subsided within minutes. I didn't think I was under stress, and since I had a long-overdue overhaul of a bad cap on my front tooth, I've been able to close my mouth correctly for the past year-- after a near lifetime of bad alignment. I thought I had totally left TMJ behind. Along with stress.

Now with everything back in place, I realize that it had been out slightly and I hadn't noticed, compared to the years and years of discomfort before. But stress is a creeping, evil life-sucker and one must be vigilant. My new job is delightful and pretty stress-free, but there had been some adjustments to the project, some personality allowances to be made, etc. And unlike Laura at FMFM, I can't just leave "stab lists" laying about.

See what I did there? I managed a clever conceit of pimping for Laura's Attention Whore Month while actually talking about me. It's a gift.

Just a few more days left. I need to link Dogette's participation in Attention Whore Month with some other boring personal defect I have. But other than my blogging shame, I can't think of any. (No, I am NOT asking for suggestions.)

4 comments:

dogette said...

Yes it is with heavy hearts and great sorrow that we get closer and closer to the end of Attention Whore Month. It's been a lot of fun and made us all better people. We've laughed, we've cried, we've mostly just said, "WTF?" We'll need a theme for February. Maybe February can be "We're All A-List Blogs Now" Month. Or "Stabby! I Feel Stabby!" Month.

Laura said...

I vote for A-List Blog Month. I will make a button that states we are A-List Bloggers and we will put it on our blogs and people will come and see our buttons and think "Damn, they're A-List bloggers."

Every month is stabby month for me. Who am I kidding? Everyday is stabby day.

Paul Griffin said...

Just wait til we get a chance to let you shoot the shotgun... There's some stress relief for ya.

Joan of Argghh! said...

I dunno, if I end up grinning like an idiot, as you did, I'm afraid my face will freeze like that.

:P