Feb 5, 2010

True Grit: Righteous, Tough, Mom-blog

Holy frijoles, but Jaded Haven has the mom-blog post to cure you of the cute.

It takes all kinds of intestinal fortitude and a forehead like flint to be a good parent. If anyone out there is thinking of starting a family, dreaming of darlings, go read JH's little vignette and try real hard to put yourself in the place of courage she lived to tell about. Sickness and accidents are in the dealer's hand, but stupid teenage brains that are [scientifically proven] unformed in the art of reason and judgment are a challenge unlike any other. You go now.

6 comments:

Jean said...

Geez. I know I've missed many good things not having kids but...not at all sure I would've survived to tell the tales.

My hat is off to all of you with children.

julie said...

My family has enough of those kinds of stories to turn anyone's hair white. Although maybe things would have turned out better in the long run if military school had been the response.

Still doesn't keep me from wanting to be a parent, though. One way or another, most parents and teens manage to survive those years of insanity, and more often than not the kids turn out okay.

Still, if Junior ever pulls a stunt like that on me, it'll be a close thing if he lives to regret it, 'cause I'm going to be sorely tempted to throttle him...

f/zero said...

That kid was me with minor plot changes. Why God blessed us with a good one I'll never know.

patti said...

sigh

Daphne said...

Thank you.

I'm honored, Joan.

Jim - PRS said...

Amazing story told amazingly well. Thanks.