Mar 27, 2010

Exactly.

The ever-good Bad Example, Harvey, puts it all into perspective:

I mean, if you like rectal-thermometer-wielding nanny-states with semi-civilized standards of living - hey, all of Europe awaits you. Hell, you can even try Canada if you bring your snow shovel. The point is, there are DOZENS of countries where you can live without having to do your own life-planning.

But me... I *like* planning my own life. I *enjoy* making my own decisions. And I can do that in America more so than anywhere else.

Go read the rest.

2 comments:

patti said...

I want the freedom to eat OREOs if I want. I want the freedom to buy whatever vehicle I can afford and want. I want the freedom to choose the health care plan that suits me - or not! I want the freedom to choose when I go to the Dr, which Dr I go to, and which tests I am willing to pay my co pay for. I want the freedom to borrow money from the lender of my choosing. I want the freedom to choose how I will light my home and how warm or cool I will keep my home. I want the freedom to choose whom I will listen to on the radio, and which TV news I will watch, and which - if any - newspapers I will read. I want the freedom to choose where I will go on vacation, even if it means driving coast to coast. I want the freedom to choose which charities will get my money and how much of that money they will get. I want the freedom to choose what, if any, public service I will render - I don't owe society one damn thing so there is no need to "give back"...
You get the idea.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

I dunno, Patti...perhaps just a few more examples? :^)