Mar 26, 2010

It's 2:00 p.m. on Friday and the State of Virginia is Collectively Clogging Up the Intartubes

What the Hell, Virginia? You, too, Maryland!? Does everybody even in the general vicinity of that yawning abyss of government just check out at 2:00 on a bee-yooo-tee-ful Friday and just say "aw, fuckitall" and start surfing the 'net? Sitemeter's going nuts with hits from the Beltway.


Do what I did instead: I left the building and came home.
Dropped the top on the Miata and scooted home like a Spring zephyr, and got pelted with dogwood petals all the way; lavished like the Grand Marshal of some vernal victory parade.

****

I tried to find images of Spring by googling up "vernal" cuz I'm so literary and shit. But I was not prepared for this, dear merciful Marvin! but WTF?


What the fuck, Utah? What are you people on out there? Why aren't you sharing it?

*****

Gonna go outside and bask like some lizard and consider that Florida's unemployment rate is officially 12+% which is bringing it closer to the truth: more like 20%, and be glad I have an office job where everyone loves my work and I am now licensed to do Insurance mayhem in SC, and the JR has a wonderful new job, his DREAM job like most of you guys would kill to have: working for a Porsche race car shop.

And that makes two upward moves in employment since arriving here. Maybe this town has too many doctors and students. union labor, and rich people with race cars, and not enough folks who know how to use a computer, write a letter, or manage an office.

C'mon down. We got jobs and everyone owns a gun and there's chicken n' waffles for breakfast.

7 comments:

PeggyU said...

I don't know why, but I really, really want that thing!

dick said...

"C'mon down. We got jobs and everyone owns a gun and there's chicken n' waffles for breakfast."

I'd love to, but Kelly has that whole damn science career going on and I can't find time in the day with my business.

And yeah, I'm with Peggy. I want that in my front yard.

PeggyU said...

LOL, I was just thinking that it probably would majorly violate some city ordinance to have that in the yard. Actually, since there is nothing in the municipal code about statuary, I bet it would initiate its own special hearing. I wonder if I could get a knock off of that thing?

The idea of driving an open topped convertible through a shower of petals is entrancing! :)

patti said...

mmm, waffles - even better than George Clooney's blueberry pancakes!!

XBradTC said...

I've been to Vernal. Nice little town. Lots of old fossils.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Di-no-might!

Skully said...

Vernal: home of the pink dinosaurs.
'cause pink was camoflage back then. In Utah.