Apr 25, 2010

One of These Things Is Not Like the Other

Well one of them has the full weight of a tax-enforcing governing body behind her. The other is much more polite. But the outcome is approximately the same:




I still have a serious, serious problem with the attitude displayed in the teachers' demonstration last week.

Anyone providing services within a public sector should be subject to review by the same public that pays their salary. Not by a self-serving BoD or Committee, but a free-standing citizens's committee with solid rules for oversight and brief membership for safeguarding the public trust.

We are asked to give more and more and are scrutinized and vilified by the paid-for mouthpieces if we object or call for accountability. We are maligned and denounce and bullied with, "give us the bucks."

Tell me, anyone, how such an attitude backed by the governing tax body's threat of fines, punishment, or jail is any different from any person standing in my living room, backed by a force I cannot resist without suffering serious harm--- tell me how that is different in scope or kind than outright armed robbery?

4 comments:

GM Roper said...

Joan, it seems to me that the purse snatcher is the less cowardly. Out in public, apt to get caught, risking freedom. The Teachers, ahhh, nuts, don't get me started on them and I come from a long line of teachers. If they don't like the money, find some other work.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Well, she certainly exemplifies where the term "entitlement spending" comes from.

My reply to her: give us results!

cmblake6 said...

Check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNvEZuP-t3g&NR=1

Joan of Argghh! said...

Sorry, blake. You won't find any birthers here.