Apr 11, 2010

R.I.P. The Coroner of Munchkinville, Meinhart Raabe

I've been too busy to check the entry pages of this useless blog until now to notice a most unwelcome increase in a particular bit of Internet traffic.


Meinhart Raabe was 94 years old when he passed away in Orange Park, FL. The J.R. was acquainted with him by way of business and I spoke with him but once, mistaking his high voice for that of "Mrs. Raabe" to my shame.

I never knew that Mr. Raabe had also enjoyed the fun of driving the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile about the country for 30 years. A long and not unpleasant life was Meinhart's lot, fortunate more than most.

He'll be most sincerely missed.


3 comments:

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Godspeed Mr. Raabe and god bless.

PeggyU said...

That is a respectable age, 94! I was surprised when I read that, since I thought everyone involved with The Wizard of Oz had passed on, part of another place and time.

ZZMike said...

According to the obit, he went on to get a B.A. and an MBA.