Apr 1, 2010

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Or, y'know, not.


There are stupid sayings in life like, you can choose your friends, but not your family. Heck, you don't know from non-choice until you have sucky nabes. Most of us know how to keep family at a distance, or at least at a minimum of interaction, but there's nothing like a monetary investment in a homestead to keep the crazies close at hand. That sort of forced interaction has epic implications that can lead to all-out feuds for our amusement. Or at least a blog. Go. Read. Comment, if you dare!

Reading there, I'm inspired to create a blogging style so exclusive that even I aggravate myself by being able to comment on it. Something like, Blogging My Misanthropy.

Ms. Anthropy would be a good name for a deth-metal band.

4 comments:

leeann said...

We're surrounded.
MsAnthropic would be a great band name. If it were a hardcore metal band, maybe Bad Nabe.

mushroom said...

Tell me about it. When I still had neighbors I could see, I got into it with them because their dog was barking and my wife was sick. I ended up handcuffed and hauled off to jail, and eventually stuck with a bunch of community service. The reason? I "put them in fear of their lives".

Well, yeah, that was the idea.

Paul Griffin said...

At least the crack dealers keep the neighborhood quiet. Beats the hell out of the damn college kid neighbors. At least I managed to make them the ones that left in handcuffs...

Joan of Argghh! said...

Yeah, but the erstwhile SnowCone van with the loud music makes for a great "front" for the business.

It must piss them off that they have to sell snowcones, too.