May 13, 2010

So, Does a $4/hr. Raise Help?

Why, yes, it does. And with a second job I'll soon be able to afford health insurance! I'm clawing my way back up into a living wage. It's been a strange and awful two years.

My employment contract with the placement agency was fulfilled and my new employer is paying me the extra cash they were paying the agency. Sweet! Not only that, but they treat their employees like grown ups and professionals. Plus, nobody knows how to manage the million-dollar project I've undertaken and nobody wants to learn it. So I'm in like Flynn.

Now, to study for the Series 7 and 6 exams. While the world still has money.

11 comments:

John Venlet said...

Good luck on the Series 7 and 6 exams. My boy recently passed both on his first try. You can too!

joated said...

Hey! Congratulations on that "raise" and upon finding a niche.

Laura said...

Congrats! Lunch on you, eh?

Jean said...

You give us all hope. Congratulations!

Teresa said...

Wonderful! It's great to have some things go right once in a while.

julie said...

Awesome! Congratulations, Joan!

f/zero said...

You'll pass 'em in your sleep.

f/zero said...

The exams I mean. In case you thought I might be referring to kidney stones.

'Course that would be a good way to...good God I need less coffee.

Joan of Argghh! said...

And hey! It's not even a government job!

patti said...

Hooray!

PeggyU said...

Conga Rats!